Friday, February 19, 2010

The Flying Circus

Fridays are reserved for art history, and this Friday was medieval art. So I decided to get the kids into a light mood to tackle what I personally think is the most boring era of history by showing a few clips from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. (This may not have been successful in any way as the kids thought I was about as stupid as a football bat.)
When the projector came up, they saw I had The Knot open in another tab. They got to talking about my wedding, and one kid asked if I want to have a boy or a girl when I start a family. I told him I didn't care. He responded "As long as it's healthy!" in the most jack-ass tone he could muster, and "You are so gay," accidentally slipped out under my breath as I chuckled at him. (Note to self: do not talk to students as if they were frat brothers.) So the kid screams "I AM NOT FRUITY!" back.
Needing to quickly divert the attention away from my little slip up... I decided to share with the class the newest addition to my wedding playlist: Rock Lobster by the B52s. They had only heard THIS version, though. Thank you to Seth MacFarland for introducing children to pop culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment