Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 2: The Lobster Adventure

So I lost another 2 pounds, hurray for diet and exercise. Alex lost 10. Damn. As a reward, I decided to buy a lobster and top our salad with it last night. While I was at the seafood counter, I was speaking with a couple who informed me that they were buying treats for their bearded dragon. Shortly thereafter, the gentleman opened his jacket and shared his lizard with me... lovely. Nothing like a creature that carries salmonella in the grocery store.
Anyway... back to the lobster. I asked my fishmonger to steam it for me so I wouldn't have to put a live thing in hot water (thank you Annie Hall). As I was waiting for my seafood to cook, the fishmonger offered to sell me discounted movies. So I bought Mike Epp's stand up and The Family that Preys for a grand total of $10. (Probably pirated... but I really wouldn't have seen them at all otherwise. Sorry Tyler Perry)
Very content with myself, I drive home, tapping on the steering wheel as I was listening to Live 100.5 and humming because I don't know any of the words to Dave Matthews' songs. I carry a load of groceries to the door and attempt to unlock it, but they key breaks!! Panicked, I check the patio door... locked! Of course Alex's phone goes straight to voice mail. Damn again. I left him a rather unpleasant message about how he needs to answer his phone.
I find myself entering the law school, hoping I run into somebody who might have seen my fiance. The first person I run into is Moose, sans the tuxedo or festive hat today. (He is dressed in red from head to toe, somewhat resembling Alvin of the chipmunk triage.) He and I storm the law school in search of Alex. A few more nasty voice mails later (and another round about the school with Victoria) and... enter Alex, stage right.
He comes home, unlocks the door, and unloads the groceries. We were happy with the lobster salad... but after the day I just had... I felt a lot better after a few glasses of wine and a bowl of clam chowder (1/2 a can).
Oh well. Just another normaali päivä.

No comments:

Post a Comment